Sewer Design and Review Process
Initial Design, Review for Approval
1. Completes sewer design and confirms its compliance to District’s Design Standards and Construction Specifications.
2. Submits one set of design drawings (24” x 36”) to District Office.
Initial District Review
1. Reviews the general sewer layout and prepares a preliminary review letter.
2. Reviews the drawings for compliance to District’s Design Standards and Construction Specifications.
3. Reviews any necessary easement legal descriptions and prepares the required easement documents.
4. Calculates a preliminary engineer’s estimate, required bonds and fees.
5. A red lined review letter is prepared and the developer & design engineer is notified of required changes.
Final Design and Submittals
1. Obtains redlined drawings from District
2. Updates sewer design per District requirements
3. Confirm compliance to District’s Design Standards and Construction Specifications
4. Submits one copy of revised design drawings to District Office, along with any additional legal description required by the District.
Final District Review
1. Reviews revised drawings for compliance to District’s Design Standards and Construction Specifications. If plans comply with District’s Design Standards and Construction Specifications, prepares a final engineering review letter. If plans don’t comply prepares a redline letter and notifies developer of additional required changes.
2. Reviews executed easements
3. Prepares final engineer’s estimate, required bonds and fees, as necessary
The subdivision receives final approval when the subdivision plat is signed. In order to receive final approval, the Developer:
1. Pays applicable fees, including but not limited to: Nose on, Design Review and Inspection, Lateral, Plat Signing, Etc.
2. Submits Subdivision Extension Agreement with required security
2. Submits Plat and title report (not more than 60 days old) for review
3. Pays $50 plat signing fee (if not paid)
The District will then:
1. Reviews plat, ensuring all easements are depicted and any necessary notes shown.
2. If acceptable, the General Manager signs plat.
3. A sewer availability letter is prepared.
1. Ensures all requirements are in compliance
2. All sewer lines are to designed to be located in existing public right of way and/or recorded sewer easements. Either the plat is signed and recorded and/or easements are executed over all sewer lines.
3. Sewer Extension Agreement/Security in place
4. Fees are paid
5. All necessary submittals are submitted to the District including:
a. PDF copies of all drawings
b. Shapefile of all sewer facilities in Utah Centeral NAD83 foot coordinate system.
c. All product submittals
6. Requests Preconstruction Conference
1. Hold preconstruction meeting, following this agenda:
a. Construction Requirements
b. Bond Reductions
c. Schedule submitted and discussed
2. The Required attendees are:
3. The Optional Attendees are:
a. District Engineer
b. Design Engineer
1. Constructs sewer in accordance with design and specifications.
a. Ensures sewer service is installed to every lot
2. Requests inspections
3. Performs applicable/required testing and submits to District Inspector
a. Air Test Pipe
b. Leak Test
c. Compaction Test
d. Vacuum Test Manholes
e. Deflection Test
a. Certified Survey
b. Test results
c. Lateral Locations
5. Requests 80 % Security Release
1. Performs routine inspections
2. Reviews submitted testing results
3. Televises sewer line
4. Releases appropriate percentage of security
1. Completes other improvements
2. Collars manholes
3. Survey’s manholes and submits as constructed Shapefile in UTAH Centeral NAD 83 foot coordinate system.
4. Installs Brass Pins
5. Ensures sewer lines are clean
6. Submits Bill of Sale
7. Requests Final Inspection/Security Release
1. Performs Final Inspection
2. Reviews submittals
3. Releases additional percentage of security.
Approximately 11 months following final inspection of the sewer improvements, the District wil:
1. Televise the sewer line
2. Inspect the manhole collars
3. Inspect for surface settlement
4. Notify developer of any defeciencies.