SOUTH VALLEY SEWER DISTRICT WEBSITE
TERMS OF SERVICE, CONDITIONS OF USE
AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
1. Terms Of Service — Your Agreement To Be Bound By These Terms. This website is operated by the South Valley Sewer District (the “District”). By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the website Terms of Service, Conditions of Use and the Legal Disclaimers found on this page and elsewhere on this website. You are also agreeing to be bound by all laws and regulations relating to the viewing and use of this page. If you do not agree with any of the terms, conditions and disclaimers set forth on this page, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site, and you are expressly directed to close this page or you may click here and you will be sent to another website.
2. Purpose. The purpose of the South Valley Sewer Districts website is to provide the public with convenient and efficient access to information about the District and the public services it performs. The District’s website may contain links to other websites, including the District’s Payment Portal operated by Xpress Bill Pay, that are not owned, regularly reviewed, or controlled by the District. The District’s website is not intended to function as a public forum.
3. Accuracy Policy. The District has made an effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on its website. However, neither the District, nor any department, officer, or employee of the District warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published on this website, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked to this website, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this website does so at his/her own risk. Please contact the District at (801) 571-1166, to verify the accuracy of the data.
4. The District is Not Liable. The South Valley Sewer District shall not be liable for any losses or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this website. This limitation of liability applies to the District, its officers, employees, agents and volunteers. This limitation applies even if a representative of the District has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. The materials on the District’s website are provided “as is.” This means that the South Valley Sewer District makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. This also means that to the maximum extent permitted by law, the South Valley Sewer District shall not be liable to any user of this website for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages, or any other damages whatsoever, including without limitation, damages for loss of use, loss of data, or loss of income or profits, that arises in any way from your use of, or inability to use, of the District’s website or related services. This limitation of liability includes damages based in the law of contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of these Terms of Service, Conditions of Use and Legal Disclaimers, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of this website.
5. No Warranties of Confidentiality. The District makes no representations relating to the confidentiality of any communications made through email or other communication links that may be on this website.
6. Email Communications Do Not Constitute Legal Notice for Claims. Communications made through email or any other electronic messaging system shall not constitute legal notice to the District or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the District or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, where notice to the District is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
7. Links to Other Sites. You may find links to other websites, which are not maintained by the District. The District limits these links to governmental and other websites that provide information relevant to the functions and services provided by the District. The District is not responsible for the content of any such external links. The provision of links should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these external websites, their content, or their hosts. The District expressly disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site. If you utilize any of the links on this website, you acknowledge and agree that you assume all risks of loss associated with any websites accessed thereby.
8. Commercial Use Prohibited. Except to the extent allowed by the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act, and as otherwise legally permissible, commercial use of the materials on this site is prohibited without the written permission of the South Valley Sewer District.
9. Revisions and Errata. The materials appearing on the District’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The District does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The District may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. The District does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
11. Americans With Disabilities Act. The South Valley Sewer District is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations, including equal access to communications, will be provided upon request. Requests for reasonable accommodations, with regard to equal access to communications, should be directed to the District ADA coordinator at (801) 571-1166.
A. Information Collected and How it is Used. When you visit this website and browse, read pages, or download information, the District may gather and store certain general information about your visit including things like: (a) your Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used; (b) the type of browser and operating system you used; (c) the date and time you visited this site; (d) the web pages or services you accessed at this site; (e) the website you visited prior to coming to this website; and (f) other information. The District may use this information to determine how this website is being used so that it may continually improve the site’s usefulness to the public. This general information does not identify you personally. The District will only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily provide it to us, such as by sending an email communication. The personal information you volunteer is limited to what is required to assist you in doing business with the District via the website. The District does not gather, compile or store financial information that you provide to the District’s third-party billing company, Xpress Bill Pay. By using this site or by clicking a link to the third-party billing company’s site, you expressly agree that the District is not responsible for information you provide to the third-party billing company,
B. Nondisclosure of Certain Personal Information. The District is the sole owner of the information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we first notify you and ask your permission. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the District unless we first notify you and ask your permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below.
C. The District may disclose your personal information: (a) to companies contracted to process your requests such as on-line billing and payment; (b) for law enforcement purposes; (c) in compliance with the Utah Government Records Access Management Act (although you are notified that other sections of the Utah Code as well as other federal laws also deal with confidentiality issues and may require the disclosure of information); or (d) for the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill.
D. Review and Correction of Personally Identifiable Information. You may request changes to your personal information by submitting a written request that shows the inaccuracy.
13. Termination of Access – Restriction. The District reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to this website and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
14. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, Venue, Severability, Integration, Admissibility. To the maximum extent permitted by law, your use of the District’s website is governed by the laws of the State of Utah (without regard to its conflict of law provisions) and the materials on this page, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Salt Lake County, Utah, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website. Use of this website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. By using this site, you agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and the District. The District is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement relieves the District of its legal obligation and right to comply with government, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this website or information provided to or gathered by the District with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers, liability limitations and indemnity provisions set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, the material on this page constitutes the entire agreement between the user and the District with respect to your use of this website, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written. A printed version of this web page and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this website and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
15. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the District, its website administrators, its officers, officials and employees from all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from the use of the information or services on this website.
16. Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Providing Data. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the World Wide Web and the Internet, online resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or have restricted user access the next. In addition, the location of information, services or web pages may change as menus, home pages, and files are updated or reorganized. You expressly agree that use of this website is at your sole risk. Neither the District, not its content providers, officers, officials or employees guarantee that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
17. Copyright and Trademark Notice. Except as limited herein, all contents of this website [www.svsewer.com] are © 2009-2014 South Valley Sewer District. The names of companies or products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.